“Good art adorns your environment ……….. great art adds to your life”
Over the past 25 years, the evolution of Laurie’s fiber art has combined her technical knowledge with her personal imagery to produce the unique pieces that have become her signature trademark. She has the unusual ability to create individual pieces that are structurally stable and imbued with an individual presence for any environment. She also has the rare capacity to create the perfect image that employs the right textile technique. She keeps abreast of the current developments in textile conservation to ensure that each piece will be the best solution for its intended setting. Laurie also demands the highest quality materials and serves to ensure that each textile piece that she creates is the best that can be created in her studio.
Laurie has a BFA and MFA degree in textiles and her work can be seen in both public and private collections in the US and abroad. Among many venues, she has had her work exhibited at the following museums: The Yager Museum of Art, Phippen Art Museum, Lancaster Museum of Art, Fenimore Art Museum, Schenectady Museum, The Cleveland Museum of Art, Tweed Museum of Art and the Butler Institute of American Art. She currently maintains a full-time studio in Rochester, NY.
- Dansko Inc., West Grove, Pennsylvania
- Immaculate Heart of Mary, Grand Junction, CO.
- Temple Adath Israel, Lexington, KY.
- S.B. Ashley Management Corporation, The Powers Building, Rochester, NY.
- The Rochester Catholic Diocese, Rochester, NY.
- Robert Morris University, Ann and Alvin Rogal Family Chapel, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Penn State University, University Park, PA, An original artwork owned and commissioned by Penn State University, Lobby of the Pattee and Paterno Libraries, installed August 2002. (large scale commission)
- The Summit, (large scale commission), Rochester, NY.
- Jewish Association on Aging, Weinberg Village, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Kaiser Permante Medical Center, Baldwin Park, CA.
- Canandaigua Wine Company, Rochester, NY
- North Western Mutual Life Insurance Co., Rochester, NY
- American Red Cross, Permanent Collection, Rochester, NY.
- Congregation B'nai Israel, (large scale commission), Bridgeport, CT.
- Burchfield Art Center, Permanent collection, State University College at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY.
- Appalachian Center for Crafts, Smithville, TN. (solo)
- Carnegie Art Institute, Leavenworth, Kansas. (solo)
- Doshi Center for Contemporary Art, Harrisburg, PA. (solo)
- The Yager Museum of Art and Culture, Oneonta, NY.
- Birchfield-Penney Art Center, Buffalo, NY.
- Phippen Art Museum, Prescott, AZ.
- Lancaster Museum Of Art, Lancaster, PA.
- Fenimore Art Museum, Cooperstown, NY.
- Wichita Center for the Arts, Wichita, KS.
- The Octagon Center for the Arts, Ames, Iowa.
- Schenectady Museum, Schenectady, NY.
- New York State Museum, Albany, NY.
- Curtiss Museum, Hammondsport, NY.
- The Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland, OH.
- Duluth art Institute, Tweed Museum of Art, University of Minnesota-Duluth,
- Butler Institute of American Art, Youngstown, OH